Wood flooringis any product manufactured from timber that is designed for use as flooring, either structural or aesthetic. Wood is a common choice as a flooring material and can come in various styles, colors, cuts, and species. Bamboo flooring is often considered a form of wood flooring, although it is made from a grass (bamboo) rather than a timber. It is generally adopted for better aesthetic look and generally found in commercial places.
· All kinds (listed below) of wood flooring are available in solid wood / laminated wood (a thin veneer layer is laminated to a layer of wood which is sanded and refined many times).
· Laminated flooring is better suited to kitchen.
· Proper margins should be left while installation to account for expansion and contraction wrt changes in temperature and humidity.
· Desirably used for interior flooring only
· Hardness of Wood flooring can be compared to marble, while wood flooring is available in 45 different colors and shades
· It should be regularly cleaned either swept/ Vacuumed any peck of dust can create scratches on the floor
· Excess water can damage the flooring
· Exposure to Sun may also cause damage, should the floor has to be well protected by elements.
· Types Of Wood Flooring Include:
· Strip Flooring: It consists of a narrow and thin strip of wood joined to each other by tongue and groove joint.
Plank Flooring: Wider planks are used which are also tongued and grooved.
· Heavy wood block flooring: These are made of thicker pieces of wood cut in short lengths ranging from 5 cm to 10 cm so as to form a block which are set with end of grains exposed.
· Fabricated wood work: These are generally adopted in large scale constructions. This consists of small scale rectangular blocks which are tongue and grooved in all sides